Metalfab Fire Trucks

Metalfab Minutes
A Blog on Everything Fire Truck Related

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Recycling

We recently received a container to recycle the plastic jugs that hold antifreeze and oil and it prompted me to consider how much we recycle. It is sitting below beside our waste oil and waste antifreeze barrels.
As I thought about this, I recalled that our paint thinners and paint are recycled and have been for many years. In the office we recycle our paper and our cardboard. When garbage collection started in our area (when the local land fill closed), we at one point filled three dumpsters per week. At that point, we got a cardboard compactor and now we seldom fill one dumpster.

I continued walking around the shop and noticed our pop can barrels - more recycling! Also, any scrap metal is accumulated and sold so that it can be recycled.

I was quite surprised at the amount of recycling that we do now. I wonder how much more we could do if we put our mind to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment